Wednesday 3 April 2019

Cygnar Character Warjacks - what themes they should be in



So in recent CID cycles we have seen more and more character Warjacks and Warbeasts added to theme forces allowing them to be used outside of with their bonded caster.

This made me think about Cygnars Warjacks and which themes I think they might fit in. This topic also just recently came up in the Cygnar Facebook page which spurred me on to actually finish writing this! 

So these are my thoughts on which themes I think they should be added to and why as well as combos with casters I would be excited to play if this happened.

Ace


This one seems straight forward to me, Sons of the Tempest
There aren't really any direct combos I would be excited to try with Ace with other Warcasters as without the Bond it shares with Caine, Ace loses a lot of its value.


Brickhouse


Heavy Metal or Storm Division
I would perfer to see it in Heavy Metal to be honest.
I would like to use it with Kraye
Gaining the boosted charge attack roll from the cav rules increases the likelyhood of crit smite
Reposition 5" helps get it into a position to force lock something important.
Haley2 would make great use of its force lock ability especially combined with her feat, you could use it to engage models with a shorter melee range allowing you not to have to feat on them as you know they can't move or make ranged attacks while engaged by Brickhouse


Dynamo


Storm Division seems a good fit for this Warjack
I would like to use Dynamo with Haley2, Kraye or Sloan for its ranged output. Haley2 and Sloan both giving it an extra ranged attack, and Sloan giving it boosted ranged attack rolls from Guided fire.


Gallant


Heavy Metal seems the only choice though I would like to see a new theme allong the lines of "Army of Light" or something like that.
I would be excited to use Gallant with Jakes1 in a Haley3 list for a super high def heavy!



Ol' Rowdy


Heavy Metal seems an easy fit for it,
I could see it being used with either Kraye or Haley2 as a late game defensive heavy. With Haley2 or Nemo1 he would be able to make 5 hammer attacks which is pretty decent.


Thorn


I would put Thorn in Heavy Metal though I can see this as the character jack which is the least likely to get put in a theme. I imagine players of other factions would be very upset about Thorn being available outside of Haley.
I would mainly want to use Thorn with Stryker2 for casting Rebuke and moving back to be safer as sometimes I end up losing a Lancer after I use it to arc a spell.
Its also a great Positive charge target with its increased mobility and higher pow melee weapon than most light Warjacks.


Thunderhead


I only include Thunderhead to be complete and have all Cygnars character jacks included.
It is already available in Storm Division and Heavy Metal, I can't see it being added to any other themes.
Its not bonded to any Warcasters either so there is no downside in including it with certain casters.


Triumph


As its already available in Grave Diggers I can't see it being added to anymore themes in all honesty.


What themes would you like to see these Character Warjacks added to? And what casters would you be excited to use with them? I'm interested in what combinations you would come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment