Monday 6 July 2020

Sir Dreyfus Painted


Here is Sir Dreyfus the last Storm knight! He is a Riot quest Guard class hero and a Cygnar Storm Knight solo in Warmachine.
I bought into the Riot Quest starter box just to get him, and figured I would give the game a try and if I didn't like it just sell the rest of the box on to someone else.

Well as it turns out Riot Quest is a lot of fun so that's a bonus! 



I had a tricky choice recently of how I wanted to paint the base rims of my Riot Quest minis. I wanted them to have the colours of the hero class they are to make it eeasier for me during games of Riot Quest but I also didn't want them to stand out too much when used in my Warmachine and Hordes armies. I got some advice from other members of the Riot Quest community in the Facebook group (which you can find here) and a few people suggested I keep the front arcs to match my Warmachine and the rear (which is normally left black on my models) the colour of the heroes class.
I like how this looks now, and will be doing the same to the rest of my models.






Here he is with Professor Pendrake for scale. Dreyfus is tall but not freakishly so... except those thin spindly ankles!!! 


And here he is with some other Storm Knight models. I think he fits in well enough to not stand out too much in my Storm Knight army, the blue rear arc colour doesn't ruin things too much.




If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.




See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment