Thursday 16 September 2021

Bog Trog Trawler: Model Review


Today we take a look at the Bog Trog Trawler, a Minions Solo. It comes in four metal parts as seen here.


The body is a pretty large chunk of metal, you can see the attachment points for both arms and the head here on this side.
Its left foot is raised up onto a rock. Personally I don't tend to like models having basing integrated into them as it can ruin some peoples personal basing styles, but this simple rock should fit in with most bases easy enough.


Over its left shoulder is a covering of various scraps of leather, some of which is from people! You can see the tell tale holes which would have been the mouth and eyes of some poor bastard.



It has a couple of sizeable knives including one with a hooked end which will be fun to paint.



The harpoon gun is a really beefy piece of equipment. I really like how cobbled together it looks, just the sort of thing that I could see being taken from a fishing boat then weaponised.



Very slight mould lines run down this part, but they came off with a quick filing.


The head and left arm can be seen here, this is a much bigger Bog Trog than typical and it has more facial webbing than the other smaller ones.



And here it is fully assembled. 
I used green stuff to help attach it to the base as the right foot and the rock the left foot is up on are not level with each other so I was having trouble getting it to stay on with just glue.

I recommend gluing the head on first and then adding the arms and harpoon at the same time. It was a bit tricky to get all the pieces to stay together, I had to hold the whole thing together carefully for w while for the glue to harden. If you have super glue activator this will speed up the process considerably.







And here is the scale shot with Professor Pendrake. Its a very large Bog Trog, the only type which is on a 40mm base.


I really like this model, I know it might not be considered the most competitive of choices but it has a lot of character. It is cast in great quality, though I imagine if it was released today the main body might be cast in resin due to the weight of it.
I have picked up three of them (the max field allowance) and am looking forward to running some janky lists with all three. They also would great "mini bosses" for IKRPG encounters with regular Bog Trogs as the grunts.

And finally I thought I would try something new! 
Using money from my generous supporters over at Patreon I purchased a rotating display stand. I like to put the money from supporters back into improving the content I make.
I'm hoping to get better at making these over time, one thing I know I want to save for is a better camera (I currently use my phone).
Please let me know what you think of this addition to my articles.
If you like it please like, comment and subscribe on Youtube it really does help with letting youtube know its a video worth suggesting to other hobbyists. (And it upsets Mike...)

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any finished content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article as well as wip content.
Even if its just $1 it really helps me out!

See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment