Saturday 29 June 2024

Fairy and Toadstool Glass dome Diorama


This diorama in a glass dome I made last year and gave to my 6 year old daughter as a Christmas present. (Haven't had much time/energy to write it up here though sorry!)


My daughter loves fairies she even has a fairy door we painted together in her room.
I painted this fairy in the same colours she has used when drawing pictures of "her fairy".





The fine details on the fairies face were incredibly small and after a few failed attempts to paint them I went with a more simplistic look to save my sanity.


I liked painting on the silver viens onto the wings, adds an ethereal look to it.


I've had this tiny frog smoking a pipe for years now sitting in my bits box and this seemed like the perfect time to use it! It was a joy to paint and has tons of character.




I added these little clumps of mushrooms to the log pile. (Log pile is from Mantic terrain crate, mushrooms are 3d printed from esty)
Painting them a nice bright colour to stand out was fun, allowing myself to use colours I haven't often allowed myself to.



My kiddo also quite likes pirates and treasure so I added a treasure chest to make her smile!


The mushroom is resin, bought from ebay. It came pre painted though the quality was poor so I repainted it myself. I did leave the white spots as they came though because they are glow in the dark and I wanted to keep that feature.



The wooden stand also has LEDs built into the part where the glass meets the wood to light up the whole piece. Its battery powered though not rechargeable so it won't be on very often.

What do you think of it? She was delighted which was lovely. I have greatly enjoyed making gifts for loved ones using my geeky skills it really makes for a (hopefully) special present.

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. Or Kofi here. I don't put any finished content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future.
Even if it's just $1 it really helps me out!

See you all next time!

6 comments:

  1. That's really cool. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely piece. Really nicely done. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of making a present to your baby girl and putting her favorites dreams in three D!Big ❤️Dad👋👋

    ReplyDelete