Monday 1 July 2019

Angry Stag Wargaming Treasure Counters/Objective Markers: Review


I picked up these loot markers which are made by Angry Stag Wargaming recently and figured I would review them.

I ordered them late in the evening on Thursday and they arrived Saturday morning which was a very quick turnaround. I wasn't expecting to get them until the next week so that was a nice surprise!

When they turned up the first thing that struck me was how detailed they are for 25mm bases. The detail is crisp and clean and there is zero clean up when it comes to mold lines or flash. I will be washing them before I paint them as with all resin there is likely to be some mold release remaining on them.

So lets take a closer look at each one as all six have different sculpts!


This one has a bottle on the ground and a smaller bottle in with the gold in the treasure box, it will be fun to paint the second one as some sort of potion.


There are a couple of scrolls with wax seals on them on this one, magic spells, treasure maps or equipment schematics maybe?


Just gold in this one!


This one has 4 leather gold pouches, some of the gold is even spilling out of them.


Small dagger on this one, perhaps magical?


And this one gets a shield, I might try to do some freehand on this one!

I will post about them again once I have them painted up, they look like they will be a lot of fun to paint!

The only downside I could find is that they all come from a stock base sculpt of the same treasure box and flag stones, but I had to really study them to notice this as the details which make them all different hide this quite well I think. This is me really having to reach to find something to complain about... (I have to complain about something I'm British...)

If you want to pick these up for yourselves you can find them here they are reasonably priced at £4.99 for six of them and will add better detail and immersion to a wargame or RPG than a cardboard "loot" token which is why I bought them myself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment