Thursday 27 June 2019

Bone Shrines Painted


I finished up my scratch built Bone Shrines for my Minions army (and IKRPG). They are mainly made out of cork tiles glued together with candles from the Sacral Vault added. The bones are from Toadking Castings "Skull and bones sheet" as well as a cyclops skull they make, the gem in the cyclops eye is a left over from my wedding (fake gems used to fill a vase) there are also a couple of skulls from a GW skulls set which my buddy Andrew gave me.


As always Pendrake is on hand to show scale


It was tricky to get the layers of cork to form a mini "cave" for the skull to sit in, as I had to compress them together to help the glue dry which made the layers slip apart. I had to make a small holder to top them slipping while the glue dried.


I also added some parts from a Gallows grove to add a bit more detail.





Painting the candles was enjoyable, picking which would be each colour so that they looked randomly placed but not too uniformly random. I painted them the same colours as the candles on Maelok, and the Blind walker so that they would look right together. 
(I have linked those models above if you want to take a look)




So what do you think of my Bone Shrines? I'm happy with how they turned out. I've not written any lists with two of them in at once, but I figured that while I was making one I may as well make two!

No comments:

Post a Comment