Wednesday 27 January 2021

Model Review: Bumbles

 



Today we take a look at Bumbles, who is a Guard class hero in Riot Quest and a Trollbloods solo in Hordes. He comes in three parts, one resin and two metal.


The lower part of the model consists of the hind legs and right front paw. It's nicely detailed with minimal mould lines.


foot beans!!! Its adorable that they bothered sculpting these on, given that they are barely visible once its on a base.



The attachment point for the upper body is huge and the way its shaped makes it naturally want to fit in the proper way which is good.


The left front leg is nicely cast and the armour plating is interesting as the patchwork nature of it means they are all slightly different.


The connection point is a huge peg which leads to a very secure attachment as the other details have a sort of resting point which keeps it in the right position.


The upper body and head are resin and it is very nicely cast. 


You can see here the attachment point for the left front leg, which is great.


I really like all the different styles of armour plates, I plan to paint them to match many different factions colour schemes.


There is an unfortunate mould line across the armour plates, I did manage to clean it up pretty quickly though as the placement of it on the back ridge meant I could use a hobby knife and file to first gently slice then file it. Its pretty much next to impossible to spot now and once painted you would never know.



The face is adorable... Bumbles really doesn't look like he would eat you right???


The resin injection ports are large and on the bottom which is fantastic. They did lead to a small goof on my part however...
When I was unpacking all the Winter Wasteland to check if it was all there, I didn't put the upper and lower body together because these ports were in the way, which led to me not noticing that the front right paw was included on the back leg so I thought it was a missing part.
I even ended up asking friends on socials and eventually someone put me right and I calmed down...
I felt silly, but wanted to share this as - well... everyone is human and mistakes happen!


And here he is fully assembled! 







And here is the scale shot with Professor Pendrake.

I really like Bumbles sculpt I think it has a lot of character. I have placed him towards the back of the base so there is space for me to add some basing details like some food... I'll figure it out at some point soon.

The quality of Bumbles is really nice and its a lovely addition to anyone's collection of minis. 
I am really looking forward to painting it and matching armour plates to mine and friends factions colour schemes.

I wanted to also note the new packaging for this wave of Riot Quest minis. Fully cardboard with a Replaceable front panel (which is the art card with the same section of fluff for the mini) means that every Riot Quest mini can use the same packaging. As well as there being no plastic packaging! 
This does have the slight downside that shipping them in padded envelopes could lead to the packaging being crushed where as the old plastic blister packs had no problems with this. But that's a small price to pay to be more environmentally friendly.

If you want to pick them up for yourself you can find them here at The Outpost (a UK webstore I'm affiliated with)
Its available on the 26/2/21 so pre-order now to avoid disappointment! 

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.


See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment