Tuesday 16 March 2021

Model Review: Falcir, The Merciless


Today we take a look at Falcir, The Merciless, a Warcaster for Retribution of Scyrah.
This model was sent to me to review by Privateer Press.


The model comes in five metal parts.


The upper body and cloak are nicely cast with crisp armour details.


There are even elven runes carved into the horn on her helmet.


The cloak gives plenty of space for fans of painting free hand. I would love to see someone paint a mural on there of Ret models in a wood which is on fire! (Often how they are shown in the artwork).


Here you can see the two slots which the power pack fins slot into.


The attachment point for the right arm is this small dent inset into the shoulder. While dry fitting showed me it was a decent connection I pinned it anyway because I prefer to be safe with weapons which stick out at angles from the body of a mini.



The legs attach here and fit amazingly well. This part separation allows the legs of the mini to not be merged into the cloak which gives a much more realistic look to the model.


There is a small amount of excess metal on the back of the horn, which I gently removed with a hobby knife.


The legs are nicely done with minimal mould lines, tiny bit of flashing connecting the bottom of the cloth to the base tab.




The pole axe (don't correct me if this isn't the exact weapon type - I'm not an expert on weaponry) and the backpack parts have slight mould lines which needed filing off.
The back power pack parts fit quite nicely, tilted outwards they slot into the torso nicely.



And here she is fully assembled.





And here she is with Professor Pendrake. She is a really nicely made model and an interesting look for Retribution as they don't seem to have many fully armoured Warcasters including helmets.


And finally I thought I would try something new! 
Using money from my generous supporters over at Patreon I purchased a rotating display stand. I like to put the money form supporters back into improving the content I make.
I'm hoping to get better at making these over time, one thing I know I want to save for is a better camera (I currently use my phone).
Please let me know what you think of this addition to my model reviews. 
I also plan to make similar videos for painted model articles.
With that in mind I have another question for you - should I go back and make these videos for models I have already painted?


If you want to pick them up for yourself you can find them here at The Outpost (a UK webstore I'm affiliated with)

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.


See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment