Sunday 30 January 2022

Iron Fang Pikeman IKRPG character conversion


I was digging through my bits box today when I picked out the one random Iron Fang Pikeman I got in a big trade a long time ago. Inspiration hit and I decided to make an Iron Kingdome RPG character or NPC.


I added a lot of battle damage to his shield and armour. A lot of this will show up a lot better once I've painted it.


I don't know why, but I wanted to give him a sword so I glued this sheathed one which I believe is a Nyss hunter sword for the ones who are holding their bows.


I also added a bulge in the cloak to allow for the length of the sword, this adds a touch of realism in the conversion which I like to try to do.

I also gave him a backpack, as most adventurers would not get far without the various things you need to carry somehow.
I couldn't decide which type of backpack to give him so I asked the community!
I find that sometimes when making a conversion I can get decision paralysis, so asking others can help me move on with a project.
Thanks to everyone who answered with their preference, even if I didn't end up picking what you suggested. (I did go with the most popular though)


I found these really small leather pouches and got the urge to add some behind his shield. I don't know what he keeps in them but it's sure to be something important!


I decided he needed some ranged option, so gave him a small hand crossbow with an attached quiver.
I added a thin strip of green stuff to serve as a leather strap to hold them in place.

I am really happy with how he turned out and am ready to call him done and ready for painting. If you have any suggestions on anything you would change or add before I paint I'm happy to hear it and take it in mind. 

I will be painting him to match a friend of mines Black Dragon Pikeman, as I like to tie all our local armies into the same Iron Kingdoms world when I run the IKPRG.


If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any finished content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article as well as posting wip projects.
Even if it's just $1 it really helps me out!

See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment