Monday 10 January 2022

Model Review: Widget Mathlete Archeologist


Today we take a look at Widget Mathlete Archeologist who is a Gunner class hero in Riot Quest and a Mecenary and Convergence (partisan) Solo in Warmachine. She comes in three metal pieces.



The main body is nicely detailed with crisp fur detailing befitting the winter theme of this wave of Riot Quest models.


The attachment point for the base is quite small and this makes it tricky to attach. I found using some bluetack to hold it in place while the glue dried helped.


On her back is the attachment point for the gun arm and wings.


The left arm and wing are connected with the main attachment which plugs into the hole on the back. This should be glued in place before attempting to glue on the right wing.
It was a little tricky to get the second wing to stay in place in a way that was lined up to look nice, I found I had to just be really patient with it while the glue dried. (Our you could use super glue activator... but I don't own any)


I do find the gun to be disappointing looking. It looks more like a spud gun than a fantastical drone launcher. 
The wings look really nice, they look like a great progression from the one her first incarnation mixed with Convergence winged models.


And here she is fully assembled.





And here is the scale shot with Professor Pendrake. Widget scales nicely within the model range.
Overall she is a nicely made model with good posing somewhat let down by the less than great connection points and a disappointing looking gun.
I do like how the face has been sculpted to be less goofy looking this time round. 
This model looks like it will be a lot of fun to paint though, so keep an eye out - I'll be sure to post her painted up here one day...


If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article as well as some wip content.
Even if it's just $1 it really helps me out!

See you all next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment