Thursday 30 December 2021

Hermit of Henge Hold Painted


The Hermit of Henge Hold is painted! To be completely honest I found this model quite uninspiring to paint which is why I left it so long to get around to working on him. I got him in the Oblivion box set when it came out (although mine did take over 6 months to arrive...) 


I wondered for a long time how I should paint him, and in the end I decided to go for a simple scheme which worked for me given how unenthusiastic about the model I was.




Now I've finished him however I'm a lot happier with the model. Though not my best work I'm happy to add him to the "finished" section of my hobby scoresheet (If I had one)

What do you think of my Hermit? Have you had a model you struggled to find the motivation to paint? If so how did you overcome it?


Using money from my generous supporters over at Patreon I purchased a rotating display stand. I like to put the money from supporters back into improving the content I make.
I'm hoping to get better at making these over time, one thing I know I want to save for is a better camera (I currently use my phone).
Please let me know what you think of this addition to my painted model articles.
If you like it please like, comment, and subscribe on Youtube it really does help with letting Youtube know it's a video worth suggesting to other hobbyists. (And it upsets Mike...)

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any finished content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article as well as posting wip projects.
Even if it's just $1 it really helps me out!

See you all next time!

2 comments:

  1. I really like the simple and subtle paint scheme you've used.

    As daft as it sounds, I've had the Sons of Bragg, built and primed for a while now, but struggle to find any sort of will to paint them, and I've enjoyed painting my other Trollbloods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've found I often get paralysis when trying to start character units as it feels a lot more important to get them right. SoB are metal so you can always strip the paint off if you don't like your first try - thats what I do!

      Delete