Wednesday 22 December 2021

Model Review: Mekanolyth


Today lets take a look at Mekanolyth, who is a Scout class hero in Riot Quest and a Legion of Everblight Warlock for Hordes.


She comes in three metal parts as seen here.


The main body is nicely detailed with crisp detailing in the mechanical parts making up the legs but especially the waist.




The gun arm is a lot different than I expected it to be, mainly as it is exactly that - a gun arm, there is no left hand holding it though there is a right hand stabilising it which is nicely cast.




The head and Cape part also include some sort of hairpiece laying over the top of the cape. The cave itself appears to be made of metal blades or sheets which will make it interesting to paint compared to other capes, I'm not quite sure what to do about the hairpiece though...



There are some excess metal flashing on the bottom half of the cape, this was fairly easy to remove with sharp hobby knife and a file.




And here she is fully assembled. I found that she went together quite easily, though if you are very heavy-handed with your miniatures you might consider pinning her.





Here's a scale shot with Professor Pendrake, She is just about the right size I would expect from a meckanikal Warlock!

A cheeky 360 spin for you

 Mekanolyth is a nicely detailed model and outside of the aforementioned issues with the cape, the model requires very little in the way of cleanup.

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article as well as some wip content.
Even if it's just $1 it really helps me out!

See you all next time! 

2 comments:

  1. If you are taking ideas for the hair, I'd go with some neon colour to bring it up among all the metal of the miniature.

    Think Necrotite Green or Khador Red Highlight as a base colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestions I will try to remember that when I one day get round to painting her!

      Delete