Tuesday 20 October 2020

Model Review: The Wastelander


Today we take a look at The Wastelander who is a Rogue class hero in Riot Quest and a Minion solo in Warmachine and Hordes. It comes in two metal pieces.


Considering how few pieces this model is made from the bodies pose is really nicely dynamic, the flowing scarf really helps to sell this I think. The wide open stance also evokes memories of action films with epic sword fights!




There is a mould line running roughly through most of this model, luckily its not too thick and filed off quickly.


The same mould line also runs down the legs.


There is a small amount of flashing on the end of the left arm, which is easy to clip off. 
Its faces is partly obscured by the right shoulder pad and the large hat its wearing this does make me a little worried about painting the face well.


The sword with both hands feels like a delicate part. I was very worried about bending it as I've found once something like this is bent you can never get it back straight again. 
There is a small peg on the wrist of one hand to help attach it to the main body, I did find it a bit tricky to get it to glue on securely but some patience got it done in the end. I didn't want to pin it given the small size of the piece.




And here it is fully assembled! I really like the pose, and I'm a big fan of its atheistic. I think it will be a fun model to paint for sure! 






And here is the scale shot with Professor Pendrake... yeah... its small. Efaarit are not very big people it seems, the only other examples of them are the Efaarit scouts, which are riding a strange beast. I don't own any so I can't offer a scale shot to see how they compare to the Wastelander. But I have heard that they are also small compared to a human.

If you want to pick them up for yourself you can find them here at The Outpost (a UK webstore I'm affiliated with)


If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.




See you all next time!





No comments:

Post a Comment