Friday 30 October 2020

Model Review: Lord Azazello



Today we take a look at Lord Azazello who is a Rogue class hero in Riot Quest and a Minions Warlock in Hordes. He comes in two metal parts.








The head with his headscarf/bandanna and sword arm are all one piece which has some lovely details like the runes carved into the sword. If I had one criticism of the part it would be that the bandanna looks a little blended into his head. But I'm sure this will be made easier to see once painted.


There is a rough mould line running down from the face, into the beard and down the arm. It took me a while to gently clean this up as I didn't want to damage the beard detail.


The attachment point is large and fits well. I found no need to pin this model. 
I think this attachment style was a smart choice and allowed the model to have the sword arm and scarf at angles which would have been impossible in a single piece model but also a pain to assemble if the scarf and arm had all been separate parts as models would typically be in the past.




Here he is fully assembled, he has a real swashbuckler feel to him. A lot of people have come to call him pig zoro.






And here is the scale shot with Professor Pendrake, Azazello is scaled decently with other humanoids and other Farrow.

I bought him just for Riot Quest but... I do own a Gator army so it wouldn't be hard to pick up a few Farrow beasts to play him in a Minions pairing.


If you want to pick them up for yourself you can find them here at The Outpost (a UK webstore I'm affiliated with)


If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.


See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment