Friday 11 December 2020

Boomhowler, Solo Artist Painted


Boomhowler joins the crew! I really enjoyed painting him, though the scheme I picked for him isn't particularly flashy.



The tiny metal rivets on his trousers were a pain to paint. I painted the leather first then did the rivets trying to be a clean as I could but if I painted over the leather a little I didn't worry too much and covered those slips afterwards.


The tartan cloth he has on the Privateer Press studio paint job is beyond me at the moment. I decided to paint his cloth a simple yellow the same as I painted his previous version (which you can find here if you want to see it. They were painted nearly 5 years ago so bear that in mind when you see the paint jobs...)
I might one day go back and upgrade the cloth to a tartan pattern though. 



I'm really happy with how his face turned out, especially his mouth. It took a little extra time, but I think it was well worth the effort.



And here is the scale shot with Professor Pendrake. I really like how Boomhowler looks and am really looking forward to having him in both my Riot Quest crew and also my Warmachine and Hordes armies.

I'm running a Riot Quest painting competition! If you want to find out more about it the details are here! 

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.

See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment