Thursday 17 December 2020

Weird Wendell Painted


Weird Wendell joins my crew! I deliberately painted him to look dull and boring as I imagine that he wouldn't really be wearing bright colours or anything flashy.



I went back and forth in picking a colour for the gremlins. I was originally going to paint them a light greenish look but I noticed they looked very similar to things like the feralgiest's I've painted and I wanted them too look like their own type of creature. In the end I tried a mix of purples which are newer to my paint collection and I'm happy with how they have turned out.



I did want to add a splash of colour so adding one of the flower tufts I picked up recently was a easy way to do this without changing my vision for Wendell.


And here is the scale shot with Professor Pendrake. Wendell is taller than I expected, I guess the way Brian plays him on Field of Fires Riot Quest Radio show makes him feel smaller...

Wendell was a model I put off painting for a long time due to struggling to pick colours, but the recent change I made to focus in on one mini and paint it until its finished really helped push me through this and get him done.

I'm running a Riot Quest painting competition! If you want to find out more about it the details are here! 

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.

See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment