Friday 30 April 2021

Swamp Horror Painted


My Swamp Horror is done!

I painted him up as part of my entry into the "Point per day" Warmachine and Hordes painting group on FB (you can find it here)
To celebrate the 15th anniversary of the release of Hordes the theme this month is to paint a Hordes battle group.
Owning a Minions army with a lot of it being unpainted it seemed like a great opportunity to work through the backlog!  


This was relatively easy to paint as like the Ironback spitter I painted recently I have previously painted a Swamp Horror about 3 years ago.





The last one I painted I didn't notice all the six little eyes it has and they are all just painted as part of the bone coloured chitin. I will likely go back and fix up the older Swamp horror so that it matches this new one at some point.



If you saw either of my other recent posts you will know that I'm trying to up my game when it comes to basing. The minions army will be getting swamp themed bases and this one was no exception.
It was a bit tricky to do given how much of the base a Swamp horror takes up with the negative space underneath it being especially tricky to add detail to. I went with a murky swamp water look under it with various plants creeping out of the water.




And here it is with the one I painted three years ago! 
I'm really happy with how its turned out and I'm excited to get started on Mays challenge - finally painting my Dracodile!!!



And finally I thought I would try something new! 
Using money from my generous supporters over at Patreon I purchased a rotating display stand. I like to put the money from supporters back into improving the content I make.
I'm hoping to get better at making these over time, one thing I know I want to save for is a better camera (I currently use my phone).
Please let me know what you think of this addition to my painted model articles.
If you like it please like, comment and subscribe on Youtube it really does help with letting youtube know its a video worth suggesting to other hobbyists. (And it upsets Mike...)


If you want to pick them up for yourself you can find them here at The Outpost (a UK webstore I'm affiliated with)


If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.
Even if its just $1 it really helps me out!

See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment