Monday 18 April 2022

Totem Huntress Painted


I am so pleased to add the Totem Huntress to my painted collection.
As one of the earliest minicrate models, and a very desirable one at that I wanted to paint her but missed out on subscribing when she was available.
My good friend Andrew kindly sold her to me for the same cost he paid (even though on the 2nd hand market he could have gotten a lot more for her). So huge thanks to him!


She was a very interesting model to paint. I was a little intimidated due to the limited nature of the model and how cool the sculpt is. But eventually I pushed through and got it done!


It was incredibly hard to photograph this model well enough, I still didn't fully manage it as the blending and shading in the skin doesn't show up as well in the pictures as it does in person.




Its a little hard to see but the pale blue eyes really give her a menacing look.



I painted the Farrow head to match other Farrow I have painted in the past, brown skin with ginger hair. Its a scheme for them that I really like.


I wanted to make the Farrow's head look relatively freshly decapitated so blood for the blood god technical paint was my choice here. It was my first time using it and I have to say I'm pretty happy with how it looks. The puddles of it on the mud look pretty realistic as well.;p


The little raised bumps on her back I painted orange, not sure why but the colour fit well so I went with it.


I'm really happy with this blend from green to yellowish orange.


I really wanted to try something completely different with the colours for her armour and weapon. 
Picking flesh tones for the armour hoping for it to represent a lacquered plate of some kind and a bronze for the spear. I figure being from Zu different materials are available there.
I really wanted to sell that she comes from a completely different environment to the other models I've painted.


Using money from my generous supporters over at Patreon I purchased a rotating display stand. I like to put the money from supporters back into improving the content I make.
I'm hoping to get better at making these over time, one thing I know I want to save for is a better camera (I currently use my phone).
Please let me know what you think of this addition to my painted model articles.
If you like it please like, comment, and subscribe on Youtube it really does help with letting Youtube know it's a video worth suggesting to other hobbyists. (And it upsets Mike...)

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any finished content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article as well as posting wip projects.
Even if it's just $1 it really helps me out!

See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment