Wednesday 31 August 2022

Croak Raiders Painted


A little while ago I finished painting my Croaks, but real life was all over me so I never got around to posting them online. Well, here they are!


Here are the four different sculpts in the unit.


I really like the dart throwing sculpt, the extra details like the crab necklace were pretty fun to paint.



The gourd throwing froggies are pretty fun.



This is my least favorite sculpt in the unit (its still not terrible though)



The leader model is really cool, even if the mouth is a challenge to paint.


I'm very pleased to finish them up, it took me a long time to paint them all (I also painted up other Croak models which you will see soon enough).
These were sat partially painted for a couple of years I think??
Its always nice to finish up a project like this.


And here is a scale shot with Professor Pendrake.


Here they are with the unit I painted over 4 years ago!

What do you think of my Croaks? 
I feel I was pretty brave to stick to my plan of the yellow colour scheme, it was a pain in the butt to paint! So many layers... but I think its worth it in the end.


Using money from my generous supporters over at Patreon I purchased a rotating display stand. I like to put the money from supporters back into improving the content I make.
I'm hoping to get better at making these over time, one thing I know I want to save for is a better camera (I currently use my phone).
Please let me know what you think of this addition to my painted model articles.
If you like it please like, comment, and subscribe on Youtube it really does help with letting Youtube know it's a video worth suggesting to other hobbyists. (And it upsets Mike...)

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any finished content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article as well as posting wip projects.
Even if it's just $1 it really helps me out!

See you all next time!

2 comments:

  1. Nice work. I appreciate the consistency-- I think I'd have ended up with two wildly different units. :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do try to keep things consistent across my armies

      Delete