Tuesday 9 April 2019

Cygnar non character solos - how many to buy

Cygnar has a decent amount of non character solos and if you are just starting out in the faction or are filling out your collection it can be hard to know what is worth buying and how many.

So I figured I would give my thoughts on how many of them I think its worth buying.
(Unless you are an insane faction completionist like me who just got max FA of them all...)


Arcane Tempest Rifleman FA 2


Image result for arcane tempest rifleman art


If you are intending to play Sons of the Tempest its really worth getting two of these, they work great in pairs to cripple arc nodes or work towards other systems with their deadly shot.

Gunmage Captain Adept FA 2


They are amazing solos with great utility shots, flare and shadowfire which can set up the rest of your army really well. I fully recommend getting two if you want to play SoT

Journeyman Warcaster FA 1



As its FA 1 you can only take one anyway. Not the auto include it once was but well worth getting to include Arcane shield in a list.

Patrol Dog FA 1



Is best doggo, get one!!! But seriously the ability to remove stealth in a Grave Digger list is amazing.

Squire FA 1



Like the Journeyman Warcaster Squire isn't the auto include it once was but its well worth picking up.
Its support abilities for your Warcaster can be great but not every caster needs a Squire to be honest.

Stormblade Captain FA 2


With its tactician ability it is a great inclusion in a Storm division list, I have used lists with two of them but very rarely. I would recommend getting only one at first unless you have a list you really want to run two with. Then proxy the second one for a while to see if it works out for you before buying a second one.

Stormsmith Stormcaller FA 3



These are an interesting one, they come in sets of three solos. If you use the max FA you will have nine of them!
I think one set is handy for dealing with stealth/incorporeal solos like Gremlin swarms.
I have run all nine in a "all Stormsmiths at max FA" list which I found quite fun, but I would only recommend one set at first.

Trench Buster FA 2



These guys are amazing! If you are playing Grave diggers I fully recommend getting two of these.
Their damage output is great and they can help keep important models alive with shield guard.

Trencher Master Gunner FA 2



People mainly use these to allow their Trencher Express Teams to fire twice a turn. I have seen builds which use two Master Gunners and two units of Express Teams, though I would advise buying just one master gunner at first and proxying the second one for a while to see if you like the list with two of them.

Trencher Warcaster Lieutenant FA 1



Seeing as you can only bring one anyway that's all I would advise buying! Though I would add that I rarely find myself putting one in lists, so maybe proxy to see if its worth you getting one of these.
(Though it is a really cool model I enjoyed painting!)

I hope you found this helpful, let me know if this kind of breakdown is something you would like to see down for other model types in the faction (for example warjacks and units)

If you like my content consider supporting me on Patreon here

No comments:

Post a Comment