Saturday 15 October 2022

Model Review: Grissel Bloodsong, Fell caller


Today we take a look at Grissel Bloodsong, Fell caller who is a Trollbloods Warlock for Hordes.
This is a resculpt of a much older model, however, this model itself was released quite a long time ago. 
I don't play this faction nor do I have any intention to, but from the first moment I saw this sculpt it put a seed of an idea for a diorama into my brain. 
A while back I picked this mini up cheap and it sat in my "pile of opportunity". I have since been working on the diorama I had planned in my head using it and if you follow my socials you will have seen the wip pictures. If you haven't seen the wip pictures go and give my pages a follow, its just you missing out you've nothing to lose! 


Grissel comes in 4 metal parts.


The main body is the bulk of this mini and is very nicely details. Loads of different textures on various armour types as well as decorative trinkets and such.



Painting these sashes would prove to be very interesting (yeah spoilers I guess... I've since already painted her!)



This is the attachment point for the head and neck scarf. Its quite long and curved but it dry fit well enough I didn't feel the need to pin it.


And here you can see where the left leg attaches to the body.


The hammer and hands wielding it are very nicely detailed. I love all the cracks in the stone hammer head.



The attachment points for the hands to the arms are decent and will only need pinning if you are very rough in handling your minis.


Great expression on her face here. It really is a lovely mini to paint and view.


I really like how the scarf sells the idea of movement in this model. It makes it feel as if she is charging across the battlefield. This is a big part of what inspired the diorama I made for her (give my page a follow if you want to see the diorama it will be posted on here soon)



And finally here is the left leg which includes the tab to attach the model to the base. This is my one criticism of this model and it is a bit of a small moan to be honest. If you don't pin this leg to the body you "might" have issues with her breaking off at this leg to body join as the whole weight of the mini rests on it. Again I should stress this is a minor complaint and would likely only be a problem if you are rough with your minis... but I am always honest with you.




And here she is fully assembled.








Seriously I can't give this mini enough praise. Its sculpt is fantastic the quality of the casting is superb and the pose is dynamic and she was a lot of fun to paint (coming soon)...

I think this mini is well worth buying just to paint, let alone game with.

Short reminder to regular readers, this is not a return to me doing "normal" reviews as I am not buying any "new" models for the line, but will still on occasion do these "retro" reviews if I feel like it. Hope that makes sense.

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article as well as some wip content.
Even if it's just $1 it really helps me out!

Oh and just 2 weeks left until I give away a Orgoth Warjack painted by me (you can see it here) to one of my generous supporters! Anyone who supported from July when I received if from PP to the end of October is in it to win it, so if you join now you can still be entered in to win.

See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment