Friday 5 January 2024

Stone Lord Guvul Godor Painted


This is another 2023 model I finished but never got around to sharing online.
Stone Lord Guvul Godor for Riot Quest. It sat work in progress for so very long until my hobby friends helped me pick something to work on one evening and I pushed through and finished him up.



So since Warmachine is basically dead in my area I reassessed how I paint the base rims of my Riot Quest minis. I used to paint the front of the base grey to match the rest of my Warmachine models as they can be used for both games, and painted the rear of the base the same colour as the Riot Quest hero class they are. I've now decided I will just paint the whole base rim for Riot Quest as there is no chance he will ever see play in Warmachine now. 
I also now don't need to match the basing to a Warmachine army so I decided that all the "Winter wasteland" Riot Quest heroes will be getting snowy bases to make identifying them easier as there are some bounties and other in game effects which target or benefit Winter wasteland heroes. (I know you can see the symbol on their card but this makes it even easier to see and helps friends who don't know the game as well.




Sooo... many... gems... It was a fun challenge to find and remember to paint each one with each step of the gem painting process.

So what do you think of this guy? Have you used him in Riot Quest much? I only play with painted minis in Riot Quest so not had the opportunity to use him yet.


If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. Or Kofi here. I don't put any finished content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article as well as posting wip projects.
Even if it's just $1 it really helps me out!

See you all next time!

4 comments:

  1. That looks pretty good. I might try to pick one up if I can get a good deal. Always did like the Forge Guard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you are able to find one cheap!

      Delete
  2. That turned out very nicely. I've been painting my RQ bases all the way around with the class color as well. If I need to mark an arc for them for WMH MKIII or older play, I'll just put in a couple of hash marks for the ends of the front arc. I like your idea of snowy ground for the Winter expansion characters. Might have to adopt that for mine. I've started with the bases, weirdly enough, so I can start playing RQ with my kids. I'll go back and do full character painting later. Yeah, it's sort of a hack, but I figure we play with plain old pewter for Monopoly, and this is still a step up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Making it easier for kids does sound like a big plus. Mines only 6 so RQ would be a bit much for her atm. One day though!

      Delete