Wednesday 28 April 2021

Bloody Barnabas Painted


Bloody Barnabas emerges from the swamps to lay waste to the humans!
I painted him up as part of my entry into the "Point per day" Warmachine and Hordes painting group on FB (you can find it here)
To celebrate the 15th anniversary of the release of Hordes the theme this month is to paint a Hordes battle group.
Owning a Minions army with a lot of it being unpainted it seemed like a great opportunity to work through the backlog!  


Although the sculpt is older and thus smaller than modern Gatorman models I really like the look of the sculpt and was keen to paint him up.



I really enjoyed painting the leather on his coat. I wanted to make it look as old and worn as I imagine it would be and I'm happy with how it turned out.




I knew I wanted to do something a bit more interesting with the basing for him so opted to add some water effects and various plants to give it a swampy look to it.


So many neat little details like the wrappings around him and the various trinkets, bones and bird skulls it really made it an interesting model to paint.



I have the axe a glowing green magic effect due to the wild magic theme I have for my Gatormen.


And finally I thought I would try something new! 
Using money from my generous supporters over at Patreon I purchased a rotating display stand. I like to put the money from supporters back into improving the content I make.
I'm hoping to get better at making these over time, one thing I know I want to save for is a better camera (I currently use my phone).
Please let me know what you think of this addition to my painted model articles.
If you like it please like, comment and subscribe on Youtube it really does help with letting youtube know its a video worth suggesting to other hobbyists. (And it upsets Mike...)

I'm really happy with how he turned out and will be posting the Warbeasts which will make up his battlegroup soon. 

If you want to pick them up for yourself you can find them here at The Outpost (a UK webstore I'm affiliated with)


If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.
Even if its just $1 it really helps me out!

See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment