Monday 19 April 2021

Malvin & Mayhem Painted


Malvin & Mayhem join my crew! I really enjoyed painting this mini and decided it was a good opportunity to add loads of weathering effects, damage and corrosion.
I spent a lot of the "painting time" was actually just sat there trying to choose colours for various armour plates. This is often my biggest slow down when painting a mini without a colour scheme already established.






Part of me wanted to paint the yellow armour plate on this shoulder as yellow and black hazard stripes but I chickened out... I was very much feeling like I would rather finish the model up and be happy with it, and move onto something else than spend more time risking ruining it! One day I might go back as try it... but to be honest I doubt it.



I really enjoyed playing with various corrosion effects on this Warjack from simple rust and dirt to verdigris.




M&M was a great mini to paint and I'm happy to have it ready for boss fight modes in Riot Quest, and it will be making appearances in my Warmachine and Hordes armies as well for sure!



And finally I thought I would try something new! 
Using money from my generous supporters over at Patreon I purchased a rotating display stand. I like to put the money from supporters back into improving the content I make.
I'm hoping to get better at making these over time, one thing I know I want to save for is a better camera (I currently use my phone).
Please let me know what you think of this addition to my painted model articles.
If you like it please like, comment and subscribe on Youtube it really does help with letting youtube know its a video worth suggesting to other hobbyists. (And it upsets Mike...)



If you want to pick them up for yourself you can find them here at The Outpost (a UK webstore I'm affiliated with)


If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.

See you all next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment