Thursday 1 April 2021

Bumbles Painted


Bumbles joins my crew! 
I painted him for the Point per day challenge on the Warmachine and Hordes Painting group on Facebook (You can find it here)
He was a fun challenge to paint, with lots of varied styles of armoured plates, which I tried to paint to match other armies colour schemes I have previously painted either for myself - my IKRPG collection or friends armies.


The right shoulder pad for example looks a lot like Siege2's so I painted it to match that. The right leg plate below it looked a little like the style of armour on the Cryx bone jack I painted last month so I that was another colour picked!



The upper back armour looked a lot like Circle Orboros style to me, and the lower back plate screamed Skorne to me so they picked their colours easily.



The rest of the armour plates I picked various greens, greys and reds to match other peoples armies in my area.



The picnic Bumbles is tucking into is a lovely decorative scenic piece from Bad Squiddo Games.
You can find their store here, this is from their "Food Supplies" set.
Let them know LuckGod sent you! 



He really is an adorable ball of crazed killing fury... Its no wonder he was the first of the Winter Wasteland heroes I painted!


And here is the scale shot with Professor Pendrake.
What do you think of my Bumbles? 
I'm really happy with how he turned out and am very much looking forward to using him in Riot Quest!


And finally I thought I would try something new! 
Using money from my generous supporters over at Patreon I purchased a rotating display stand. I like to put the money form supporters back into improving the content I make.
I'm hoping to get better at making these over time, one thing I know I want to save for is a better camera (I currently use my phone).
Please let me know what you think of this addition to my painted model articles.
If you like it please like, comment and subscribe on Youtube it really does help with letting youtube know its a video worth suggesting to other hobbyists. (And it upsets Mike...)


If you want to pick them up for yourself you can find them here at The Outpost (a UK webstore I'm affiliated with)

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.


See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment