Wednesday 28 July 2021

Talon Light Warjack Painted (Conversion)


My converted Talon is finished! I can't remember when I actually built this conversion, it was years ago most likely. My recent push to finish old projects has finally seen it get finished!
It's based off of a Cygnar Lancer as I find the official metal Talon's to be a bit small.


I carved the Cygnus off of the shield and added the wheel hub from an old 40k ork buggy.



I used one of the smoke stacks from the Ironclad I converted into a Toro (I posted it here if you want to take a look) I really like how this gives it a unique look to fit in with my pirate Warjacks.


I swapped out the tip of the spear for the shock prod from a ork runtherd. I think this also adds to the pirate aesthetic. 


I sculpted the lower part of the head with green stuff and poked holes into it to make it look like the official talon sculpts head. I heavily weathered it to look like verdigris. 
What do you think of my Talon conversion? I'm pretty happy with it overall.


And finally I thought I would try something new! 
Using money from my generous supporters over at Patreon I purchased a rotating display stand. I like to put the money from supporters back into improving the content I make.
I'm hoping to get better at making these over time, one thing I know I want to save for is a better camera (I currently use my phone).
Please let me know what you think of this addition to my painted model articles.
If you like it please like, comment and subscribe on Youtube it really does help with letting youtube know its a video worth suggesting to other hobbyists. (And it upsets Mike...)

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.
Even if its just $1 it really helps me out!

See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment