Monday 19 July 2021

Toro Heavy Warjack Painted (Conversion)


I finally finished up my converted Toro for my Pirate mercenary army! I started this conversion so long ago that originally it was going to be a Nomad. Once the Toro came out I changed my mind and removed its small buckler and gave it a nice big shield.

Back when I was first converting this Warjack I posted work in progress pictures to various groups and received negative feedback such as "like an Ironclad with bits glued on" and other comments, which is their point of view for sure. BUT... I will be using it anyway and I very much enjoy converting my Warjacks to look more "piratey" to fit my chosen theme.
There is a small group of the Warmachine community who do not like conversions, but I am firmly on the other side of that debate, I love conversions and will keep doing them for as long as I'm in the hobby! As long as the other player is informed that this is a Toro its not an issue for my gaming group.



The Sword is scratch built using plasticard. Its a little crude but does a good job in selling "pirate" for me.


I removed the Ironclads dual smoke stacks and replaced them with some piping. The widest one is actually ferrule from an old paint brush!



The shield is made with a 3D printed wagon wheel which came with a forge terrain kit I bought a long time ago. (You can see that forge terrain here if you want to) and cut up coffee stirrers for planks.


I attempted to make an eye patch for this guy but I'm not super pleased with how it turned out. But not dissatisfied enough to try and remove it or do anything else with it.


I also added a bed roll just above the right shoulder. This is to add a sense of visual balance to the model as well as some visual interest and a sense of lack of uniformity I am going for with my pirates.


And finally I thought I would try something new! 
Using money from my generous supporters over at Patreon I purchased a rotating display stand. I like to put the money from supporters back into improving the content I make.
I'm hoping to get better at making these over time, one thing I know I want to save for is a better camera (I currently use my phone).
Please let me know what you think of this addition to my painted model articles.
If you like it please like, comment and subscribe on Youtube it really does help with letting youtube know its a video worth suggesting to other hobbyists. (And it upsets Mike...)

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.
Even if its just $1 it really helps me out!

See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment