Friday 11 August 2017

Art of War Studios Measuring sticks - Review



I've seen a few people lately asking about measuring sticks, looking for recommendations - so I have decided to review the ones I purchased in December of last year, from Art of War Studios.

I bought them after a recommendation from a well known fellow gamer, so I was reasonably confident. Price-wise, they are about half the cost of the next competitors, and a quarter the cost of the game-licensed measuring sticks.

When they arrived they were broken into pieces and the packaging was badly damaged in transit. I contacted the guys at Art of War. They got straight back to me and sent out a replacement set without complaint and at no extra cost to me!


I painted the engraved parts as recommended on their website and they look great!
I painted them to match my Cygnar army's colour scheme of black, white and gold. I waited a few minutes after applying the paint, then buffed the sticks with a slightly moistened tissue to clean off excess paint that wasn't in the engraved areas.

In game they have been great - from the start of the game when I use them to mark out my deployment zone, to speeding up my play by making measuring quick and easy. 
They are ideal for measuring the other player's threat ranges (just don't leave too many of them on the table in Steamroller 2017!)
I find the fact that they are thinner than other measuring sticks to be a nice benefit as they can often fit in between models for a measurement once the game gets a bit messy.

They can be found at Art of War Studios web-store here
(They are intended for use for Guildball, but I won't tell if you don't!) 

Overall these measuring sticks offer great value for money. I was initially worried that they might break due to the fact they are thinner than any other acrylic sticks on the market - but they have been very resilient (God knows what the postman must have done to them to break them that first time!).

Ultimately - I definitely recommend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment