Monday 21 August 2017

Magnetised Stormwall/Hurricane Painted


My magnetised Hurricane/Stormwall is painted!




The coils are ok maybe not my best work but they will do for now... I really wanted to get this guy ready for the table (as I only play painted) I can always go back and work on them more later.



And here it is with all the Stormwall parts!







I asked you guys for suggestions on what to do for the basework and doing a trench base won!


I wanted him stomping through the edge of the trench utterly oblivious of the work he is ruining. 


I wanted the soil at the impact point to look different, moister soil as it has just been thrown up.


A few sandbags and the planking have been thrown up in the damage.


I painted the magnetised parts red and green for left and right (showing my Navy roots here...) this is to make it really easy to swap the parts out whenever I want to.



Heres a side by side with my old school Stormwall. Which will now only ever be used if I run double colossal (which I currently am due to being excited to have them both painted now!) 



All the stormpods!!!!


More close ups of electrical details.


The arm socket is painted too! As the magnet is "floating" in the arms ball joint I can pose the arms how I want.


Heres how the arms look in a sub assembly.


And the hips magged to make transportation easy!


So what do you think of my Stormwall/Hurricane? 
I wrote a guide on how I magged it you can find that here

No comments:

Post a Comment