Monday 15 January 2018

Constance Blaize Custom Soul Counter


So I made a custom soul counter for Blaize!
I have wanted to do this for a while, though I haven't felt the need to play her much in mk3 I wanted to make it as a hobby project.


I wanted the knights to look like they are dying with their souls just leaving their bodies to represent Blaize's feat. I sculpted the souls, they aren't my best work but I'm happy enough with them.
I also drilled into the knights at a few points to represent bullet wounds, painting the blood coming from the wounds was a fun effect to paint I haven't done much painting like that before.


I contacted Privateer Press's lore master Doug Seacat to ask about souls being collected by a "good" source. I have only seen them collected by cryx in the artwork which has them green looking and they have a tortured look. He told me they could look silvery or blueish, so I went with blue as I wanted them to differentiate from the silver of the knights.


The counter goes all the way up to 20, though I doubt I will ever have it get that high!
I painted Blaize and her knightly forces back in May 2015 you can see them here if you want to
in better detail, but here are all my Morrowan forces gather together!



So what do you think of my custom soul counter? Really hoping Blaize gets some love with new models or rules changes.

4 comments:

  1. Looks good, I hope to see Blaize get some use of it soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be nice. I have no plans to play her anytime soon though sadly

      Delete
  2. I really wish they would stop shitting on her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too mate... too many match ups she just doesn't have a feat. I look at Zaal2 and weep

      Delete