Sunday 22 July 2018

Making Terrain on a Budget: Acid Bath


I have been continuing making terrain for my home table, I really wanted to get some of the lesser used terrain types made so I can include them in my games. Like all my other terrain I want to make them look good but be as playable as possible. Removable decorative pieces are a great way to have the balance between terrain being visually appealing and playable.



Like all my other terrain pieces the base part is made using thin mdf, I used cling film (saran wrap for those overseas) to make the acid pools. These acid pools on the terrains base are not as good looking as the removable pieces but it does enough that players will always know what type of terrain that area is.


One of my gaming buddies gave me these resin terrain pieces and they seemed perfect for this project. I love how they look but if they were glued down they would make it very hard to play as models would have a very hard time balancing on them.






It was fun to paint the acid looking pools, I do want to give them a coat of gloss varnish but currently I don't own any. I will likely go back and do it one day if I get some.

What do you think of my Acid Bath terrain? Do you use this terrain type in your games? If you do please share with me what your terrain looks like I would love to see it.

I did a review for the resin acid pool pieces you can find it here
You can find them for sale here should you want them
(I you can, let them know you found them here it could help me out who knows??)

No comments:

Post a Comment