Sunday 1 September 2019

Goremaw Painted


Goremaw is painted!
I have to admit I'm very bias about this mini, ever since I first saw it during Rikers Iron's unboxing of the Reaper Bones 3 Kickstarter I knew I wanted to get one. Partly to use as a mega RPG boss, and partly because I thought it would be a fun model to paint.

So I picked it up as soon as it became available once it had its retail release. I had a little trouble finding one in stock at first due to demand, but Mighty Lancer Games hooked me up with one. Their customer service was amazing, I highly recommend them to anyone wanting to buy Reaper minis in the EU you can find them here

The first big challenge for me was to pick what colours I wanted to use. I did get a bit of help with a suggestion from a friend to paint the underbelly pink.








I was not sure how far to paint the softer flash of inside its mouth, in the end I went as far as the first ridge in what looks like chitin plates to me.


I mixed my own colour for the underbelly. I used the old GW colour Tallarn flesh with Vallejo's Heavy Bluegrey, I like how it turned out. I highlighted up with increasing levels of pink and less grey.


The spines are painted with a lot of layers from light brown all the way up to bone white colour.




I glued the base Goremaw comes with onto a 120mm MDF base. I did this because the RPG I plan on using it in has this as a base size for the huge monsters party members can encounter.


I also darkened up the soil around the area the Goremaw is erupting from to show that the soil under ground would be moister than the surface.


As is traditional around these parts, here is Professor Pendrake Zoologist for scale!

What do you think of the Goremaw?
I plan on using it in the Iron Kingdoms RPG, not sure on a stat line at the moment. I'm thinking it might represent a colossal blighted razorwurm maybe. If you have any good ideas for a storyhook to use it in let me know! I love getting suggestions from you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment