Monday 23 September 2019

IKRPG Custom Character Prize


So a while back Rikers Iron hosted a charity stream on Twitch to raise money to help with a member of our communities family medical expenses.
As I am cash poor I offered to add a prize to his prize pool for people who donated to the cause.
What I offered is that I would make a custom IKRPG character for the winner.  

The winner of the prize was Kithsana, we spoke for a while about what type of character they would like me to make and settled on a Pyg field mechanik/Explorer 


I started with a Pyg Burrower as the base model, I removed the pickaxe head and replaced with the a wrench head made using greenstuff.


I added a spiked armour plate to its shoulder, this is originally from a unit of Steelhead halbadiers.


The model already had a backpack, so I added a bed roll made of green stuff with a bow tucked into it.
The bow is from a Games workshop unit called Glade guard.
(I used parts from that kit to convert my Nyss hunters years ago. (you can find them here if you want to take a look)


I wrapped a small length of rope over the bed roll to have a visual way that it is being held on to the backpack. I also added a dagger with small pouch to its kit, hanging from that same rope.



I really like how the pose of the base model really lent itself to the explorer career Kithsana wanted for it.



Its hard to see but I textured the bedroll using the cross hatched grip part of my sculpting tool when I rolled out the green stuff.


I'm really looking forward to seeing how Kithsana paints it up, they have said they will let me know and send pictures as and when they do. (No pressure btw, take all the time you need!)

I enjoyed the whole process of working with them to find out their characters concept and then translating that into a mini for them.
I think I might do this again for someone at some point...

What do you all think of the Character we made? What would you have done differently?

No comments:

Post a Comment