Wednesday 1 January 2020

Giant Leeches Painted


I finished painting these Giant Leeches by Reaper miniatures last year, but for some reason never got around to posting them here.
I got these as part of the Bones 4 kickstarter. I plan to use them in the Iron Kingdoms RPG as monsters for the party to encounter. I like variety in my encounters so the more the better.


Here is my customary shot with Pendrake for scale.


There are a lot of brown, orange and green washes which I applied to them which don't show very well in these pictures but show up clearly in person... one day I will save up for a better camera.


I like that the basing they come on included some bones from their previous victims.









What do you think of these Leeches? I tried to use actual pictures of real life (but much smaller) leeches for inspiration with the colouring, which was a bit nauseating looking at them...

If you want to get some for yourself you can find them here from Mighty Lancer Games (a UK stockist of Reaper minis who I use)

No comments:

Post a Comment