Sunday 5 July 2020

Product Review: Hullgrinder Fabric Playmat


Today we take a look at the hullgrinder map for Riot Quest!

I was extremely excited to try this map out and find out how it plays differently from the starting arena of the Thunderhead fortress.


The map is really well printing with bright vivid colours and interesting details.
I could have taken way more pictures to show you all of the fun things included on this map but I want you to experience it for yourselves somewhat.
I know I spent some time gazing over it drinking in the detail and fun inclusions like the patch of crabs as an obstacle space.







Made of the same material as the Thunderhead fortress map it has a mesh style rubber backing which really helps it grip onto glossy flat surfaces and is super flexible.


Have you tried out the Hullgrinder map yet? What did you think of it?
I've really been enjoying it and how it changes up the dynamic of the game.
The three gangplanks between the two ships certainly become hard fought over areas, and models with movement abilities which allow them to move through or over enemy models really go up in value on this map.
On a similar level gear which places models on the table such as the ones from the Gear expansion can be great for blocking enemy movement from one ship to the other unless they remove them first.



If you want to pick this up for yourself you can find them here at The Outpost (a UK webstore I'm affiliated with)

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.


See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment