Monday 27 July 2020

Gubbin Painted



Gubbin is done! He was tricky to paint because of how small he is, but very enjoyable. So many small details which make the model interesting to look at even now once I've finished him.



His backpack is just full of so many different types of explosives, it was fun to paint them all different colours. But I wanted the TnT sticks to have that "Acme" feeling from the old Road runner cartoons I watched as a kid. 



Its hard for me to photograph close enough with the gear I have, but I tried to paint flames reflected in his goggles. It was a tough challenge but I'm glad I did it. Pushing the boundaries of what I feel I "can do" as a painter is one of the best ways to grow!



And here he is the Professor Pendrake for scale.
Overall I'm really pleased with how he turned out. I look forward to using him more in Riot Quest now he is painted.

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.


See you all next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment