Sunday 15 August 2021

Swabber Heavy Warjack Painted (Conversion)


I converted this model a while ago... like a long time ago. Back when the Swabber was going through CID but hadn't been released as a model to buy yet I remembered that I had a Mariner unbuilt in my bits box as well as some other parts so I figured I would try to make my own and have one on the table before the retail version releases... 
yeah well time makes fools of us all and a whole list of reasons later and it never got finished...
until now!


I used a Rovers shield which was knocking about in my bits box combined with some 40k gun which I cut down and used some green stuff to attach to the shield. I would have used the Rovers gun but that wasn't something I was given via whichever kind person gave me the shield at some point. (Seriously I have no clue exactly where some of the things in my bits box originally came from anymore)




The harpoon was "donated" by some kind Cryx Reaper, or at least the person who owned the kit and didn't make a Reaper with it!
(I'm pretty sure the harpoon came from my friend Andrew, but again I'm not sure. Thanks to him anyway for in general being a top bloke though!)

Even though this conversion took me way longer to finish than it should have, I'm very glad that its now finished and can join the rest of my pirate army!
I was very unsure about the brown/orange paint scheme for this Warjack but I really want to continue the theme I have of not painting all my Warjacks the same colour and this jumped out at me at the time so here we are. What do you think of this conversion and its paint scheme?


And finally I thought I would try something new! 
Using money from my generous supporters over at Patreon I purchased a rotating display stand. I like to put the money from supporters back into improving the content I make.
I'm hoping to get better at making these over time, one thing I know I want to save for is a better camera (I currently use my phone).
Please let me know what you think of this addition to my painted model articles.
If you like it please like, comment and subscribe on Youtube it really does help with letting youtube know its a video worth suggesting to other hobbyists. (And it upsets Mike...)

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.
Even if its just $1 it really helps me out!

See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment