Monday 2 August 2021

Talon Light Warjack Painted (Conversion) 2


Here is another of my converted Talons. Again this is made using a Cygnar Lancer as the base for the conversion. 
I really wanted this one to be down on one knee braced to take a charge. It was slightly tricky to pose but with some cutting, gluing and adding some cork to widen the base a little to allow the pose to "fit" on a 40mm base I got it looking close enough to what I imagined.


Like the last Talon (Which you can find here if you haven't seen it yet!), I carved off the cygnus from the shield and added a bolt like part to add visual interest.





I decided to leave the smoke stacks for this one as they were, mainly because this was a reclaimed second hand model, so they were glued in too hard to remove easily!


For this one I trimmed down the "chin" of the Warjacks head to give it a different look to the stock Lancer.


This Talon is armed with a fang from a giant wild beast. In my mind the toxin it contains causes hydraulic systems to seize up - thus inflicting the Stall effect on them.


The armour patch is connected via a leather to a pack of gear on the Warjacks back presumably anchored in place by the armour patch.

I like to think that this Talon is part of Fiona's battlegroup even though there is hardly any chance that I use it with her. Honestly its likely to be used by Bart and in the IKRPG most likely.


And finally I thought I would try something new! 
Using money from my generous supporters over at Patreon I purchased a rotating display stand. I like to put the money from supporters back into improving the content I make.
I'm hoping to get better at making these over time, one thing I know I want to save for is a better camera (I currently use my phone).
Please let me know what you think of this addition to my painted model articles.
If you like it please like, comment and subscribe on Youtube it really does help with letting youtube know its a video worth suggesting to other hobbyists. (And it upsets Mike...)

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.
Even if its just $1 it really helps me out!

See you all next time!

2 comments:

  1. I find it interesting how relatively small adjustments make such a bigimpact in changing the model, shaving the chin makes it so different! also like that the merc stuff is all different colours has that nice ragtag feel i think warmahores mercs have

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you like the conversion. I am really happy with how my pirate army is shaping up so far

      Delete