Tuesday 23 June 2020

Model Review: Flugwug the Filcher & Treasure Chest Expansion


So today we are taking a look at the Treasure chest expansion with Flugwug the Filcher!

I have a soft spot for croaks and was really excited to get my hands on Flugwug!

This set contains Flugwug with his stat card and a riot gear card, 6 treasure chests and a new treasure deck!

Flugwug is a Rogue class hero in Riot Quest. In Warmachine and Hordes he is a Mercenary/Minion Solo who will work for Cryx, Circle, Legion, Skorne and Trollbloods.



The Treasure chest are made of resin and come on these sprues, I recommend clipping them off slightly away from the chest itself just to be safe then remove the excess afterwards.


Flugwug comes in two metal parts, the main body and his left hand. There is also an optional coin purse.


Flugwugs long tongue is flicking up to clean its own eye!Crazy details like this really give this mini great character.



He is carrying a large sack of treasure, which has been patched multiple times, I think it will be neat to paint the different cloth in a variety of colours or shades.


He is also carrying around a treasure chest! 


His left hand and the coin purse. I really like that he has the exact same wrist strap details as other croak models. It really ties him in with them nicely.



The treasure chests are nicely detailed. The one of the left the detail is super crisp even deep into the recesses showing the clockwork details.




The chains on the left hand one are nicely sculpted and look similar to the chest Flugwug is carrying.





I really like how different they all look. I think I will base mine onto 30mm round bases and paint the rim of the base to correspond to the colour of the class of hero who can open them for free.


And here Flugwug is assembled! 





And here is the scale shot with Professor Pendrake, Flugwug has a stoop/crouch so isn't as tall as other croaks in the setting

The quality of the sculpts here was great, very minor mould lines if any at all. 

I can understand players of just Warmachine and hordes having "sticker shock" at the idea of "having to pay that much for one small base mini" but you get much more than that (as long as you play Riot Quest I guess...). I feel the modelled treasure chests add a great visual element to the game and since using them I find myself playing more towards trying to loot them in the game too.

The new treasure deck which also comes in this set is a great change of pace and has a larger effect on the game than I initially expected! Some even damage your enemies!

Overall I think this is an excellent addition to the game and well worth at least one player in each group getting (until the rest get envious that they never get to play Flugwug and end up picking it up as well...)


If you want to pick them up for yourself you can find them here at The Outpost (a UK webstore I'm affiliated with)


If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.

See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment