Wednesday 10 June 2020

Model Review: Thamarite Advocate


Today we take a look at the Thamarite Advocate, which is a Mercenary and Minion solo for Warmachine and Hordes.  This model will work for Mercenaries, Crucible guard, Cygnar, Khador and in minions and circle.

She comes in three metal parts.


Dressed in a flowing gown with multiple layers of petticoats? IDK... historical womens clothing isn't a area I have a lot of knowledge about. It should be interesting to paint however


Her long flowing hair has various decorative twists that look like metal to me, I will be interested to see how these look once painted up.


Her face has a flat sort of surface which would lend itself well to face paint or make up of some kind, I've never been great with painting faces myself but will likely experiment with this one.


Both arms are separate parts, they have small plug style attachment points. I would have liked to pin them but they are so thin (especially the right arm) that I don't feel I can fit the drill bit inside them.


She has a bat minion! I love this little critter so much... but, it does make it look less than ideal when you have three of them on the table at the same time. They are Field alloance 3 (but most likely I'll be using 2 as they come as a pair for free as an requisition point)


Honestly the detail on this bat is great. I really wish PP would make more critters and creatures available as separate parts or as a pack for conversions customisation and decoration!



And here she is fully assembled! I really like this model, it had barely any mould lines and the sculpt is of great quality. If I had to find fault it would be that the sculpt looks so unique that its a little jarring seeing 2 or more of them at the same time. If I could wish for a second sculpt that would be perfect, I think this would be a perfect candidate for a minicrate sculpt in the future! 







And here she is next to Professor Pendrake, she's pretty tall!

I'm looking forward to painting up the 3 of these I now have and using them in my Flame in the Darkness army!
I hope you found this look at the Thamarite Advocate helpful/interesting. If you have any feedback feel free to drop it as a comment below, or get in touch with me on any of the social medias its always great to hear from you all!

If you want to pick them up for yourself you can find them here at The Outpost (a UK webstore I'm affiliated with)

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.

See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment