Monday 13 September 2021

Artificer Prime Nemo Painted


Nemo4 is done! This is another project which has been a long time coming, something of a trend for me sadly but I'm slowly working my way through my backlog. 


One of the things that blocked my motivation to paint this for so long was figuring out how to balance the two paint schemes of Cygnar and Convergence. 
I wanted it to fit in with both of my schemes, even though I have only painted JAIMS and Destructotron 3000 and a converted Talon for Nemo4, I like to have consistent paint schemes for my version of the Iron Kingdoms.
I do have a Mitigator and a Diffuser which I'm working on painting as well in this same scheme. 






I used gloss mod podge to make the voltaic parts appear a bit more like they are within glass or something similar. I could have used gloss varnish but I don't own any.




If you saw my review article (you can find it here) you would know that I wasn't a fan of the clear flight stand so I mounted Nemo on this Protectorate wreck marker.
I've got a post in the works where we will explore basing in great detail so I'll leave it at this for now.




Like a lot of my Cygnar I went with a trench warfare theme.


The mechaniks painted up fairly easily as I was able to copy my colour scheme from the other Stormsmith models I have already painted, the only difference was having to paint the mechanik tool tabard things they are wearing.
I did make a mistake in coating them with gloss agrax earthshade... I wasn't even aware I had accidentally purchased gloss to be honest. Hopefully this will get fixed when I one day varnish them with matt varnish.





I'm really glad to have my Nemo4 finished it brings me back to having all my Cygnar huge bases fully painted. I will eventually get back to 100% painted for Cygnar (I've got to finish the newer morrowan stuff) I am working on it but its slow going!
Let me know what you think of my Nemo4 and his basing!

Using money from my generous supporters over at Patreon I purchased a rotating display stand. I like to put the money from supporters back into improving the content I make.
I'm hoping to get better at making these over time, one thing I know I want to save for is a better camera (I currently use my phone).
Please let me know what you think of this addition to my painted model articles.
If you like it please like, comment and subscribe on Youtube it really does help with letting Youtube know its a video worth suggesting to other hobbyists. (And it upsets Mike...)

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any finished content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article as well as posting wip projects.
Even if its just $1 it really helps me out!

See you all next time!

2 comments: