Monday 2 March 2020

Model Review: Wolf with No Name


Today we are going to take a look at the Wolf with No Name. This review was delayed from last year due to "real life"...
Wolf (I'll just be calling him Wolf from now on) is another Riot Quest mini I bought just for that game. As I mentioned in previous posts was a bit of a surprise for me, but a welcome one as I've really been enjoying the game.

Wolf comes in four parts, the main body is resin, and the other parts are all metal.


The main body is really nicely detailed, there are deep recesses in this model between the body and the poncho, its really impressive. The bandoleer and knife on his belt are really great examples of details which could have been lost in if it had been poor cast but they are great!


There is a large resin injection port on the left side of his poncho. This is a large flat surface and I had no problem smoothing it back out after removing the excess resin.


There is also another resin injection area on the top of the model, again it was easy to remove and clean up.


His poncho has some really nice folds in the material and lots of tassels on the trim, the weathering with it having tears and holes in it as well is a nice touch.


This is the attachment point for the hand holding the rifle. I fully recommend pinning this, the rifle sticks out quite far and can easily get caught during the course of play.



His head is tucked down under his hat, its hard to see on pictures but he has a cigar in his teeth which really adds to the Clint East-wolf look.



The hat also reminds me of Crocodile Dundee, with the teeth decorations.


This left hand has nicely defined separated fingers which is uncommon in minis this size. It is the type of part which I would typically pin but there isn't much to drill into here so I didn't do it. Luckily this hand doesn't stick out far so its not a big issue.



This rifle is big! There is wood grain sculpted onto the stock of the gun which is a nice touch.



And here he is fully assembled! I really like this mini, it has a real "hunting its prey" look to it. I'm not sure exactly how I will be painting both the fur and poncho. I typically struggle to pick colours for things I've not painted before, so Riot Quest minis have been challenging me to break out from that!






And here is the scale shot with Professor Pendrake. The Wolf with No Name is shorter than I expected, but he is hunched over quite a bit.


If you want to pick him up for your crew (Or warmahordes army) you can find him here at The Outpost (UK webstore, I'm affiliated with)

No comments:

Post a Comment