Wednesday 25 November 2020

Widget, Tinker Extraordinaire Painted


Widget is done! 


The model had a lot of open space on the base so I decided to try out one of the bunches of flowers I picked up recently to brighten up my basing.




Sooooo.... confession time... I really struggled to paint her face. I must have tried to get it right a dozen times. I gave up and made her a welding mask made using green stuff. It's moulded from the Rhulic model Thor.

Widget (Played by Zulamandi in Field of Fire's Riot Quest radio show. Spotify link here) had this to say about it...

"Oouuu ouuu can she fly like me? Is she aware that the mask will disrupt the effectiveness of the aerodynamics? She is gonna have to readjust for jellybean to wing ratio....hmmmmm"


Zulamandi streams awesome hobby content (Riot Quest, Warmachine and 40k) on her twitch which you can find here!


The wings were interesting to paint, though they did take a long time to paint due to the delicate nature of them. I did have to be very gentle with this model in general as I was always aware that either the wings or the wrench could have bent if I was rough with the model.


And here is the scale shot with Professor Pendrake.
I love Widget I think she is an awesome character and one of my favourite Heroes in Riot Quest

I'm running a Riot Quest painting competition! If you want to find out more about it the details are here! 

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.

See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment