Monday 30 November 2020

Captain Crawtooth Painted


Captain Crawtooth joins the crew!






I was debating trying to paint marks on his hook to make it look like Maui's from Moana. In the end I chickened out and didn't try, I didn't want to ruin the paint job as it currently is.


I love how detailed his head is and am really pleased with how I managed to paint it. 




The coat really was a treat to paint, I tried to make it look battered and worn as I imagine it would have not been brand new when even Crawtooth got hold of it.


Here is the scale shot with Professor Pendrake

I really enjoyed painting Crawtooth, he was a great model to paint. I really had to resist my batch painters urge (I have a lot of Gators in my "to paint" pile...)
I'm still pushing to paint all the Mayhem block Riot Quest minis I have before the Winter time wasteland Kick starter arrives.

I have enjoyed using him in Riot Quest, I can see myself using him in Gatorman based lists in my Minions army, but sadly I can't see him making the cut in my Pirate army he just doesn't seem to do anything for the lists there.

I'm running a Riot Quest painting competition! If you want to find out more about it the details are here! 

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.

See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment