Tuesday 1 December 2020

Viper Tatzylwurms Painted


The Viper Tatzylwurms for the Iron Kingdoms board game Widowers Wood are finished!
I've wanted to paint these for a long time but they have never really been a priority to be honest.
Recently I was in an online lecture (I'm 3rd year at uni as a mature student) and found my hands idle so started base coating the snakes... I finished them up with details and highlights the next day so they turned out to be a very quick 11 minis to add to the display cupboard!


Like other Widowers wood minis I have finished I painted the raised lines on each side the same colour as the plastic they are made from which is only important when you play the board game.
I also added some purple flowers to the purple one as its the boss version in the board game so I thought this would help it stand out more.



They have sooo many eyes, I painted these with the glossy black paint I have to give them a glassy eyed look. The fronds or whatever they are on the back of its head I blended the colours starting from green up to yellowish towards the tips.


As these are board game minis some of them lacked definition in some of their teeth so I had to do what I could with paint to make them more distinct. 


This is the artwork from the Iron Kingdoms Unleashed book's entry for Viper Tatzylwurms and its what I used as a reference when painting them. I wanted them to look as close to is as possible without making them take ages to paint.


And here is a scale shot with Professor Pendrake, he doesn't look too thrilled to be surrounded by these snakes...
These were good fun to paint and will see more use in the Iron Kingdoms RPG than they will with the board game (Though I am looking forward to having that game fully painted one day!)
I really would love for Privateer Press to give these snakes some rules for Minions, either as lesser warbeasts or as a unit like the Stoneward & Woldstalkers for Circle (see below) it would be cool to see them on the table more!



I'm running a Riot Quest painting competition! If you want to find out more about it the details are here! 

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.

See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment