Monday 28 December 2020

Black Bella Painted


Bella joins my crew! She was one of the first Riot Quest heroes I picked up after the starter set but for a bunch of reasons I either put off or struggled to paint her for the longest time.


I wanted her to have a dark and simple looking clothing and went with various shades of grey and black with brown leather belts to add detail. I did find it tricky to paint all the various buckles she has all over her. 


I like how the dark green scabbards give a splash of a different colour but without drawing focus or changing the feel of the model.


The long purple hair wasn't something I originally planned as I normally don't try to follow Privateer Press's studio schemes. But in this case it felt right and I went with it.


And here is the scale shot with Professor Pendrake.
Bella is a great model for me as she sees use in Riot Quest regluarly and she can also be used in both my Cygnar/Mercs Flame in the darkness lists and also my Merc Talion Charter lists! 
I love getting multiple ways to use my minis.

It wasn't until I had finished painting her that someone brought up this similarity to me...


 Leela from Futurama... now I can't unsee it! Oh well...

I'm running a Riot Quest painting competition! If you want to find out more about it the details are here! 
(Just 3 days left!!!!)

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.

See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment