Monday 7 December 2020

Dez Painted


Dez joins my crew! This means I have finally painted the starter box!! Some of them proved harder than others for me and she was one of the trickier ones. Mainly due to having to pick colours for her, its often the thing that will put me off painting and lead to me painting something else instead.

Part of my push to paint all the Mayhem block heroes before the Wintertime Wasteland kickstarter arrives means I've been trying my best to paint one mini at a time. This is something I normally never do as I don't like wasting paint I've put on my palette so I would paint the same colour on lots of minis then get distracted and not get as much done.
Recently I picked up a wet palette so I don't feel like excess paint is being wasted so I'm able to concentrate on one model at a time which has speeded up my painting considerably.


The armour plates were one of the toughest choices for me, as I want my Riot Quest minis to not have a uniform look to them but I also want them to be consistent with my personal painting style. The terracotta red proved to be a good choice in the end, I'm happy with how it turned out.



Her bazooka really is a large weapon even for her, the recoil piston looking things at the back are a neat touch to the weapon.


As is typical for me I did not try to paint her eyes... I might go back and try one day but not now. I'd rather spend that time getting more models to a table top standard than perfect a new technique right now.


And here is a scale shot with Professor Pendrake, she really is a tall girl!
In the end, once I actually started painting her by herself she was quite quick to finish and I'm happy with how she turned out.

I'm running a Riot Quest painting competition! If you want to find out more about it the details are here! 

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.

See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment