Sunday 13 December 2020

Boss MacHorn Painted


Boss MacHorn joins my crew!
She was a blast to paint, I knew right away I wanted to try a different colour on her and picked P3 Bad Bruise. Its a lovely purple but it does take a few thin coats to build up good covering but is well worth it. Its a lot more "purple" in real life, every time I try to photograph her she ends up a bit washed out... I did the best I could given the awful natural light I get this time of year the artificial light just isn't as good.




The rocket fists on retractable chains makes me see her like a mini Blockader! A small detail I hadn't noticed when I reviewed the mini that showed up once paint was applied was that it looks like she has pistols mounted into the sides of the fists. They are hard to see but I think that's what they are meant to be.



I like how you can see padding which would make wearing the suit bearable. And close by she has her Devil Dog plushie to remember her (presumably) fallen mercenary company.



And here is the scale shot with Professor Pendrake. I really like how she is scaled and its great to get more variations of Ironhead style armour.
I find her fun to use in Riot Quest, but I'm also interested in a Janky Shea Irregulars list with her Jack marshalling a Freebooter heavy Warjack to be able to roll ALL THE DICE!!!

And yes, she would be a lot better protected if she had a torso canopy 

I'm running a Riot Quest painting competition! If you want to find out more about it the details are here! 

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.

See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment