Friday 18 December 2020

Doctor Stygius Painted


Doctor Stygius joins my crew! He was an intimidating model to paint with all the various pipes and chemical vials all over it. I did want to somewhat stick to a similar sort of look to the studio scheme for this one as I hadn't painted any Cephalyx before so don't have a set scheme for them yet.





I decided that Cephalyx all have purple glow effects for their magic. I do "good" magic users with a glue glow and evil with green but wanted these to look a bit other worldly and different.


The green chemical/acid effect isn't perfect, but it will do for now in the quest to get loads of models painted to a "decent" level over painting a couple to perfection I take the lower quality to get stuff done.


I think it might have been a mistake to paint the top of the orange/yellow vials the same very dark green as the acid one but its one of those things... if it continues to bother me when I use him I might go back and change it later.

I am quite happy with how the blood pack on his waist. 


I have been trying to avoid my normal batch painting habits in my push to finish all my Mayhem block Riot Quest models before the Wintertime Wasteland Kick starter arrives... but I only have one other Cephalyx model in my collection, this guy who came in the Iron Kingdoms board game. So I figured I would be silly to not paint them at the same time to ensure their paint jobs are consistent. 
In the end this extra mini didn't add too much to the painting time.





And here is the scale shot with Professor Pendrake... whats that professor? You hear voices in your head?? Nothing to worry about I'm sure... 
Dr Stygius is really big compared to the board game guy... but then again the Warcaster versions of Cephalyx are even bigger still so maybe its just how they are? Who knows...

I'm running a Riot Quest painting competition! If you want to find out more about it the details are here! 

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.

See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment