Wednesday 23 December 2020

Gorman the Mad Painted


Gorman joins my crew! I really like his twisted pose, it makes him much more dynamic than his previous incarnation.



I'm not entirely happy with the acid effect in the various vials and such, I tired for a different colour on this one and I don't know if I will keep it. It might be that I paint over it at some point, but for now it will do...




Its hard to photograph under the brim of his hat without picking him up! I painted the googles with a red glow to show the alchemical lenses.


Here he is with Professor Pendrake for scale.


I struggled to paint Gorman for a long time (over a year) due to not being able to pick colours for various bits of clothing. The push to paint all the Mayhem block before the Wintertime Wasteland arrives forced me to deal with this block. In the end I pulled out my old Gorman1 model for inspiration and copied its colour scheme somewhat.

Gorman is mainly just for Riot Quest for me, as I don't see myself using him in my Cygnar army and the Mercenary themes I play can't use him.

I'm running a Riot Quest painting competition! If you want to find out more about it the details are here! 

If you want to support my content consider taking a look at my Patreon which you can find here. I don't put any content behind a paywall but I do offer rewards to people who support me in ways like getting to vote on what content I work on in the future or outright just picking the next subject of an article.

See you all next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment